background

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Happy Birthday Bugs!



It's my momma's birthday! And since she, for the second year in a row, has decided to leave the country for her birthday, I'm forced to say Happy Birthday from afar.

My mom is in the Philippians visiting with two of her sisters. She loves her sisters and is so excited any time she can spend time with them.


Here she is with two of her sisters on her 50th birthday. We threw her a surprise party. Perhaps that is why she has left the country every year since, hoping to avoid another disco party!

My mom is the greatest! She loves everyone around her and is always willing to help anyone in need. She adores her grandkids and spoils them rotten.

Mom loves to travel. She studies maps and likes to understand different cultures. Give her the chance to go somewhere and she'll be on the next plane, literally. Here she is with my dad. They have been married 32 years now!




My mom is one of the smartest people I know! She could have chosen to be a CEO, but instead we were lucky enough that she decided to stay home and be a mom. You can ask her any history question ever and she'd know the answer. She loves to learn and loves books. She especially loves to read recipe books and pattern books. She is an awesome crochet-er (is that a word?!?) She learned from her grandma who she loved so much and still talks of often. She made me this beautiful afghan for my birthday. It's the Holland tulips!


My mom and I didn't always get along, but now that I'm a grown up, I'd have to say that she's my best friend! I'm so lucky that she takes care of my kids for me. She always makes sure to keep track of the kids and what they are doing at school. For a long time their teachers thought she was their mom! She volunteers at the school, goes on field trips, brings forgotten homework, makes home lunch when requested and ok's fake sicknesses so kids can skip school.


She's the best and we love her! Happy Birthday Mom! Maybe next year you can stay home so we can celebrate with you!

3 comments:

  1. Do you still have to try win brownie points when you are grown? Suck up. I am pretty sure you are already the favorite daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a really nice post, I think every daughter goes through times when we didn't much like our mothers. Glad that we all grow up. Happy Birthday Bugs! (from us too.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Bunny! I miss you. Hope you had a wonderful trip and a wonderful birthday.

    ReplyDelete